The key to business growth is reaching new customers and clients with your products and ideas. Today, one of the most effective ways to do this is to have an aggressive Seach Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy.
One of the easiest ways to learn what to do with SEO is to understand what NOT to do. Here are five revenue-sapping mistakes in SEO that we can help you easily avoid.
- Decide to leave stale old content on your website. One of the things that Google loves is fresh content on a regular basis. Before you start to read don’t forget to do your SEO keyword research or better yet, let us do it for you! Our suggestion? Once you have decided your SEO strategy, grab a content calendar and start assigning tasks to your staff so that you can start drawing in new prospects.
- Ignore voice search. While I am sitting writing this blog, I have my tv on in the background that I turned on via Amazon Fire Cube—the same cube that allows me to search items for sale on the internet and multiple topics. Fifty percent of searches will be done via voice by 2020 and that is a hard stat to ignore. Being optimized for voice search will have a huge impact on keeping and growing your current SEO ranking.
- Skip on mobile responsive design. I don’t know why I am even having to say this, but I do. Every day I come across websites that are NOT mobile responsive still. Get with the times on a responsive website or kiss your potential and current customers goodbye.
- Focus a national SEO strategy. RTL has clients all over the US and the world, but in all reality, the bulk of our clients are in Metro Atlanta where we are based. You can’t run before you walk. Focusing on local SEO is a lot easier to see results than trying to go national with your SEO strategy. This is one time that “go big or go home” does not apply.
- Don’t bother to ask for the sale. Every page on your website should have a call to action. Why spend money and time on an SEO strategy when you don’t ask them to take an action? You have to make it easy for potential customers to take the desired action you want them to! You worked hard to get them to your site….ask for the sale!
To launch a new SEO client, we take over 50 separate actions as we develop your strategy. SEO is an ever-changing game with Google’s algorithms and if you want to stay relevant with your target audience, you have to adjust your strategy accordingly. Our dedicated SEO team are leaders in their industry.
We remove roadblocks so you can gain profitability.
Let us help you be top of mind with your target customer base! Contact us today for a no-obligation SEO consultation.